School Tomorrow

Mood: Incredibly sluggish.

After a week of hanging out with my cousins and two more trips to Universal Studios with them (my annual pass expires today... RIP), it's time for me to get energized and back to business!!!! And I'm feeling incredibly sluggish about it, as contrasting as that may sound.

Yes, I'm not exactly ecstatic that school's gonna be a thing again... but knowing that this will be my last year, I don't dread it as much as I did the last 3 years, and the 8 years before that.

Thinking about it, I already know what to expect. I've done this high school thing 3 times already, for 180 days each time. Dealing with teachers for 7 hours, feeling too tired to do anything when I get home, scribbling on my homework until I feel the callus on my finger growing bigger and bigger, feeling wide awake at midnight, sleeping a little too late because I wanted to savor the last bit of my freedom from the school day, and regretting it in the morning...

It's practically predictable.

But hopefully, I won't repeat what I did junior year. Junior year was Horrible with a capital and bolded H. I've never felt so physically and emotionally exhausted in my life... Kinda funny, 'cuz I thought I was gonna do it. That I was gonna roll through junior year, and prove everyone wrong that junior year is the most stressful year. And guess what, by the middle of the year, I felt like my eyeballs were literally going to fall out of its sockets, that the dark circles under my eyes were gonna stretch to my goddamn chin. And most of that was because I started procrastinating too much.

I wonder how that happens, LOL

But anyway, I've learned. Of course, I'm not gonna guarantee 100% that I'm gonna stop procrastinating, 'cuz that's really unrealistic tbh, but I'm definitely not going to do it as much.

People learn the most from their own experience, not always from what people tell them. It's the truth.

I don't expect much from this year... I think it'll be better that way, so I won't get disappointed about anything. The one thing I do want though, is for the days to go by quickly. I want this year to be short, nice, and sweet.

Aaaaand hopefully... it'll turn out that way.

Crazy that one of these days, one of these posts is gonna be about the college I get accepted to. Ahahaha... that day seems so far away right now...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Me in Other Places

Twitter | ohnerak_
Powered by Blogger.

About the Blogger

This was a blog I wrote on from 2010-2016. Keeping it for posterity. Hi, I'm an 18-year-old human, happened to be named Karen, who thinks a day of YouTube watching, gaming, forum reading, and blog writing is a day well spent. I use this thing to talk about stuff.