Itazura na Kiss 2: Love in Okinawa Special...

On Friday, September 12, FINALLY, something related to the second season of my beloved, ultimate fangirl food Itazura na Kiss made its debut.

Yuki looks so photoshopped omg
My mom bought me a Costco Chicken Bake that day too, so it was the best day ever.

I guess it's in my nature, but I tried not to raise my hopes too high for anything about this drama, just because I have had experience with disappointment before whenever I did that...

With that said... am I happy about this special episode?????

The answer is yes, but I don't really like how everything was very rushed :( Maybe there should've been 2 parts or something. There was not really much time to develop Kotoko's + Naoki's characters as newlyweds... it seemed like a bad romcom if you look at the episode solely for its story execution...

Honestly, at first I was a little disappointed just because the camera effects and stuff seemed kinda low-quality... BUT eventually just seeing Naoki and Kotoko together again made up for it. And then again, it's a special episode, so the budget for this was probably way less than for the actual second season's episodes.

But anyway, yes, I am satisfied as a hardcore Naoki x Kotoko shipper. This whole episode was fanservice, and I am okay with it. (I watched it twice already, okay)

There is one thing that I'd like to point out though, before I start talking about the episode... I really hope Kotoko matures, even if it's JUST a bit, in season 2. For me, her childish screaming was bearable in this special episode, 'cause I know this special is to be taken lightly, but if she continues to be this way in season 2, I'd be annoyed.

Okay, I'm just gonna start off by saying that I fangirled so hard over seeing their wedding rings. WEDDING RINGS. IT'S OFFICIAL.

So, I squealed at a lot of parts but mostly in secondhand embarrassment??? Talk about a cheesy episode. But I love how Naoki is more open towards himself about his feelings towards Kotoko now. I smiled so so so so much when Naoki called her by her first name, and eventually "my wife/honey" (uh even though she wasn't conscious to hear it). Naoki even smiles after saying it, ugh. SAH KYOOT.

Credit: furuyuki @ Tumblr
And I love how it has gotten to the point where I know Naoki will not deviate his feelings towards anyone else. When Mari was all over him, I knew it was mainly Kotoko's jealousy that was gonna be the problem. Naoki is a hardcore faithful guy, I know it.

Now I wanna talk about the scene where Kotoko screamed for Naoki not to touch Mari when he was trying to see what was wrong with her, because Kotoko didn't want him to touch other women... I think Kotoko's reaction is completely understandable, even though it might seem very childish to some people. At that point, Kotoko has been trying so hard to get affection from Naoki, and she also has been seeing Mari's many shameless attempts at pursuing him. Put those two together after it has accumulated over the 6 days of their honeymoon, and you get Kotoko's outburst; it has very little to do with how Mari is buckling over her "stomachache." I know Kotoko isn't the type of person who would put someone's well being on the line just because she feels uncomfortable with her husband touching that person... Kotoko wasn't being irrational, in my opinion. It may have seemed that way because of the situation, but yeah.

And that scene with the dark alleyway and the black guy... I was screaming RACIST RACIST all over the place LOL =_=. Freakin' Japanese people. At least they didn't make him really a bad guy. I laughed so much when the black guy said he thought Kotoko was a lost elementary school girl... Naoki's wife, for you. Naoki says (in English), "I know she looks young, but she is my wife." LOL Poor Naoki.


Ahem.

Now.

Let's talk about that bed scene.

-awkwardly scratches back of head-

I was laughing and giggling and screeching the first time I saw it 'cause I was like oh-god-this-is-so-awkward, but after watching it a second time and reading some comments from others about it, (I still screeched but) disregarding the awkwardness, the tame bed scene in itself is actually pretty appropriate for Naoki and Kotoko's relationship.

For one thing, Kotoko's actress and Naoki's actor have a very wide age gap, but as someone mentioned in his/her comment, the characters Naoki and Kotoko are super inexperienced in love and marriage-- they got married very young. They should be either 19 or 20 years old, I believe. The Taiwanese Itakiss bed scene was so steamy that I turned bright red and went like ehhhhh ahahahaha... and judging from Kotoko's character, innocent and naïve, and Naoki's character, the super smart cool guy who never thought of having a girlfriend in the first place, the intensity was... off? Like damn, when did they become so experienced in bed? So a tame bed scene is actually more believable... Kotoko is still has a very innocent nature, so I doubt she wants hot sex o__o Plus, Naoki's gentleness was very sweet, tenderly kissing her forehead and her eyes and then her lips and whatnot. For a first timer, his behavior is appropriate. Dunno about you, but because he was so gentle I definitely feel that he loves her ("true love" if you wanna put it that way), and less if he were more "intense"....

You can't deny the terrible awkwardness of how the scene was executed though. Just can't. It must've been hella awkward for Yuki to film... considering that Yuki kisses her neck too omfg I caNNOT //jumps around screeching//

Damn Miki Honoka. I love her so much but she is one lucky girl. SHE'S ONLY 8 MONTHS OLDER THAN ME AND SHE GETS TO FILM SOMETHING LIKE THIS WITH FURUKAWA YUKI? LIKE WHAT. /sobs

And the last scene was so cute. Mari and Takumi made up*, and Kotoko placed her head on Naoki's shoulder, ugh. Stop being so cute, you two.

*A lot of people are giving the Itakiss writers shit for making Takumi slap her, but I think it was so appropriate. Mari was going out of line as a wife of another man. She needed to be put back into reality. You don't see people giving the girl shit if the girl slaps the guy to whip him back into reality. I don't understand. -_-

BUT I SAW THIS ON TUMBLR:

Caption: "Noticed how Kotoko is wearing a turtle neck the next day? ;) ;) ;)"
OH MY GOD I APPLAUD YOU ITAKISS PEOPLE THAT WAS SO SUBTLE.

About season 2, I also watched the trailer for it after watching the special ('cause I didn't know there was a trailer!!) and OMG. I have a feeling that I'm gonna be so freakin' mad... just from the trailer, I can tell there will be some horrible cliffhangers after every episode. T_T But at least I get to see Naoki jealous for the first time :3

Season 2 won't be here until NOVEMBER, AKA MY BIRTHDAY MONTH, so even though it's kinda far away, it's okay, because it's my birthday month. =w= I'll be 17 when I watch season 2!! So exciting. I swear, every year, something good happens in November. I love it.

Can I just use this to say GOD SHE'S SO ADORABLE
(Credit: furuyuki @ Tumblr)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Me in Other Places

Twitter | ohnerak_
Powered by Blogger.

About the Blogger

This was a blog I wrote on from 2010-2016. Keeping it for posterity. Hi, I'm an 18-year-old human, happened to be named Karen, who thinks a day of YouTube watching, gaming, forum reading, and blog writing is a day well spent. I use this thing to talk about stuff.