Happiness is...



Happiness isn't something I have been feeling these past several months... I mean, of course I have felt temporary happiness, but... what's the definition of temporary? I always fell back into slight uneasiness at the end of the day. But... I actually felt happy today. Genuinely.

Happiness is subjective--it means different things to everyone--but for me, genuine happiness occurs when nothing during the day can ruin your mood. When you feel like your lungs could literally lift you into the air every time you take a breath. When you're especially glad to be with your friends. When you feel solidarity. When you feel stable. When you can look at the people who have pained, angered, upset you in your life and give them a smile even when you know they won't see you.

Today, first period, one of the school counselors had a PowerPoint for us discussing about college and what we need to do to be prepared. I didn't know that letters of recommendation weren't required for applying to UC's, so after knowing that, I felt so ready for college applications.... Letters of rec were my main worries... but knowing that I don't need them made me so relieved LOL.

Second period, my French teacher wrote next to one of my assignments in my notebook (in French, of course), "Excellent! You should be in AP, Karen!"

(I usually don't get academic compliments like this, believe it or not...)

And after that, I was in such a high spirit. I felt like I wouldn't even care if the lunch court canopies collapsed on me as I walked to my third period class.

It probably sounds to you like I'm just having a good day, but to me... it does feel like a good day, but it definitely feels like something else, too. Like I'm standing on some kind of firm ground or something. I feel... ready. Ready for something. Not necessarily for college, if that's what you're thinking. I don't know for what, but I'm just ready.

Life is so bipolar????

I don't think I've talked about this yet, but I watched this Japanese movie on the plane on my trip this summer, called The Snow White Murder Case. In my opinion, one of the main points of the movie was to illustrate one thing, which is the last line of the movie: "Good things will happen."

I feel like this can be my new motto or something.

"Good things will happen."

Something to blubber to yourself whenever you're in a crappy mood, or going through metaphorical poop in your life.

Good things will happen that will help us feel our genuine happiness, and we need to be there for them to happen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Me in Other Places

Twitter | ohnerak_
Powered by Blogger.

About the Blogger

This was a blog I wrote on from 2010-2016. Keeping it for posterity. Hi, I'm an 18-year-old human, happened to be named Karen, who thinks a day of YouTube watching, gaming, forum reading, and blog writing is a day well spent. I use this thing to talk about stuff.