Getting A New Phone... Almost...

My two-year contract with my beloved Xperia Ion phone is almost up (almost as in August 31, though heh)... and you know what that means??!?!?

Yes, a new phone, obviously.

My dad gave me the options of LG G2, Samsung Galaxy S4, and iPhone 5C. (These phones are all either $1.00 or free, by the way, lawlll) I thought about it pretty long and hard.... o_o

For one, I am a very indecisive person when it comes to choosing phones... You can't blame me though, because I have to stick to that thing for 2 years. Just think about it, I'll be 18 and a half years old-- that is a pretty long time for me. (Wait, am I really halfway through with being 16 years old... damn..)

And for another, these phones have some great features but also not-so-great features. I shot down LG G2 because the interface was quite unappealing, but I "unshot" it because the camera is great and the phone itself is so sexy :( I shot down Samsung Galaxy S4 because I didn't like how the icons looked so bloaty and "all-up-in-your-face" kinda, but I unshot it because I loved the camera and the pretty pixels. I shot down iPhone 5C because I didn't like how the battery gets drained quickly, but then I unshot it because I liked the clean, uncluttered interface.

SO I WAS LIKE THIS FOR A WHOLE 2 DAYS (wow such long time)

Then, I decided to shoot down the 5C for good, because battery life is more important than the interface, I figured. So, it was between the S4 and the G2... Both have super awesome cheeseball cameras (13 mpx), so that wasn't a problem.

A lot of my buddies have the S4, so I knew what the phone interface looked and felt like. So I went to Best Buy yesterday to play with the G2, and o m g. I started squealing and jumping and whoopin' and hollerin' (ok jk I didn't do that but you get the idea)

The interface looked quite ugly when I saw video reviews of it, but when I actually held the phone in my palm and poked around, the phone actually wasn't that bad. For instance, the notification panel wasn't as ugly as it looked in the videos. The widget manager thingymabobber (<-- shows how much tech language I know) was still cluttered but to me, an average civilian smartphone user, it felt like a pretty minor problem.

And if you replace the super ugly default background picture with something else, the phone really does look ten times better. But most importantly of course, the phone has some really cute phone cases for sale online :) (I mean, LG is a Korean smartphone brand... Koreans go cray cray with that kind of stuff)

That was like the icing on the cake. DAMN CUTE PHONE CASES.

Okay, well, and also the fact that I could actually see myself using the phone for two years.

I know my decision has almost no basis LOL but to be frank, I never really liked the Samsung Galaxy phones. They're definitely pretty, but still... I don't know what I don't like about it, but something about it doesn't make me happy. I have a feeling that some of it has to do with how it's so mainstream... like if someone comes up to me and asks what phone I have and I say "Oh, I have the S4," they'll be like "oh, cool," and stop there. I mean, everyone knows about that damn phone LOL. But if I say "Oh, I have the LG G2," at least SOME people will be like "Oh, what's that?"

And then I can bust it out and show the power button that is strangely on the back of the phone. :D

LG G2 IT IS!!!!!!!

The phone itself is really purty.
I'll miss my Xperia though... it has been good to me these past 2 years... the only downside to this phone was the lack of cute phone cases. :( My dad told me that Hong Kong had a lot more phone cases for this phone, since it's really popular over there... if only I had gone to Hong Kong last summer... stupid SAT classes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Me in Other Places

Twitter | ohnerak_
Powered by Blogger.

About the Blogger

This was a blog I wrote on from 2010-2016. Keeping it for posterity. Hi, I'm an 18-year-old human, happened to be named Karen, who thinks a day of YouTube watching, gaming, forum reading, and blog writing is a day well spent. I use this thing to talk about stuff.