A Star-Filled Sky

Came across the pic on the right on Tumblr...

When I was in 5th grade, my school organized a 5-day trip to Big Bear at a camp called Blue Sky Meadow, and I remember on one of the nights that we were there, our groups went night hiking (or whatever it was called)... I faintly remember what it felt like to stand in literal pitch darkness. Seeing nothing but the sky filled with stars. It was really peaceful. The sky was seriously filled... like, FILLED. Really filled with stars. I remember our camp counselor was pointing at seemingly random stars and said they were Mars or Saturn or the Big Dipper or something... there were so many stars, I didn't know how she saw a difference (and I still don't)

Thinking about it now, I wish I could go back. Just so I could see those stars again and feel at peace T_T I feel like if I have the chance to go back to that same camp and see the stars again, I'd remember and appreciate the experience a lot more. Besides, kids don't really appreciate this kind of stuff until they grow a little bit older. (Me, exhibit A.) And honestly, even though I can say that I know what a star-filled sky looks like, I kinda don't remember how it looks at the same time. It's just one of those things.

High schools should organize trips like these. No phones allowed, hehe. Some people would probably hate it but I mean, deep down inside, everyone is tired. Don't get me wrong, I love social networking and all that stuff, but sometimes I feel like that stuff weighs me down at the same time. Living out in the mountains for 5 days can do us at least SOME good in some shape or form.

I miss how peaceful everything felt from that night. My life has been so tiring these past few years.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Me in Other Places

Twitter | ohnerak_
Powered by Blogger.

About the Blogger

This was a blog I wrote on from 2010-2016. Keeping it for posterity. Hi, I'm an 18-year-old human, happened to be named Karen, who thinks a day of YouTube watching, gaming, forum reading, and blog writing is a day well spent. I use this thing to talk about stuff.