Basketball

I played basketball again today. First it was just my friend and another guy friend shooting hoops and playing a little small game.. then more guys.. more girls.. came to play.

Once again, I didn't feel needed. Every time I start to play a game, I have a tendency to avoid the basketball. So why play? Plus, I feel awkward when I run with the ball, I always miss the shot, I feel stupid. I didn't want to go through that process again so I decided, what the hell, to just sit next to the court and watched them play.

I never really understood why I'm like this.

While I was sitting on the blacktop next to the court though, I started wondering if I really was the kind of person who doesn't know how to have fun. My definition of fun is looking up Sims 3 cheats and translating Korean tweets from Korean celebs. My friends' definition of fun would probably be going to the mall, seeing a movie, and playing random games that don't involve the computer...

But

I had fun while watching my friends play. I laughed. One of my friends ran to me and gave me a bag of Baked Hot Cheetos and ran back.. I opened it and started eating it.. and then apparently the Cheetos were my friend's "baby" and I was apparently a cannibal for eating her baby.. Sorry 'bout that..

I'm an introvert, I guess. I always turn out to leave myself out from the crowd.. One part of me wants to, and another part of me hates doing it.

But it's okay. Being an introvert's okay. I'll keep smiling, because I know that I'm not the only introvert that's out there, so everything's all good. Maybe I'll keep sitting next to the court from now on... it's more fun for me that way. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Me in Other Places

Twitter | ohnerak_
Powered by Blogger.

About the Blogger

This was a blog I wrote on from 2010-2016. Keeping it for posterity. Hi, I'm an 18-year-old human, happened to be named Karen, who thinks a day of YouTube watching, gaming, forum reading, and blog writing is a day well spent. I use this thing to talk about stuff.