Eventful Weekend: Celeb Sighting

Before I start talking about my weekend... :D Tomorrow marks the first day of a full week off from school, because of them turkeys and mashed potatoes 'n' being thankful. Yayayayay.

Well, it isn't exactly gonna be a "break," since I have to catch up on AP Psychology for my AP test this spring. But still. It's still a break, and I will be predictably unproductive at some points during this week.

But anyway, yesterday, I went to The Americana with my parents and everything was so Christmas-ed up. It gave me a little fuzzy feeling inside my kokoro.

The tree was huge. The fairy lights were so cute.
Accidental photo. So bokeh, right? LOL Taken from a window at Barnes and Noble :)
I also saw Adam Sandler. :D But I have no proof... it wasn't like he was standing around anyway, so I couldn't take a picture or anything. He walked right past where I was sitting (I just finished eating chicken from Potato Corner, like don't mind me y'know) and it was just then that he turned his head to face forward, so I full-on saw his face for one second, and then he put his sunglasses back on and kept walking. IT WAS ADAM SANDLER, OKAY. I could tell by those eyes. And everyone started looking at the general direction that he was walking in, it was kinda funny XD

But I love how no one really gave a crap or started screaming or anything. That's good. He didn't seem like he wanted to be bothered anyway LOL.

So, so far, I've "encountered" 2 celebrities: the other one being Lee Seung Gi, whom I didn't write about, I think. But yeah, I saw Lee Seung Gi at Universal Studios during the weekend that KCON was here in LA. It was kinda embarrassing, 'cause he was doing the "X" sign with his hands at me to stop me from snapping more pictures of him. Sorry Lee Seung Gi, couldn't help it :( I'm just thankful that his manager didn't come at me and make me delete my pictures... I've heard about some cases in which that happened D:

I remember a couple years ago, I went on a trip to the Yunnan area in China, and there was this girl in my tour group from Maryland and another older girl who was from near where I live (quelle coïncidence). The girl from Maryland asked me if I've ever seen any celebs on the street, and my being the puny to-be sophomore from the most Asian dominated community ever, I said no. And then the older girl says that she has, and the girl from Maryland was like wOwza, and they started talking about it...

At the time, I felt pretty pathetic. LOL. But then again, I was still only 15 or so. Nothing to feel pathetic about, really... so if you haven't seen any celebs and you live in L.A., you best be on your way to expensive locations or amusement parks. And having some patience, I guess. 'Cause three years later, I've got 2 on my list. Well, maybe only 1, 'cause I doubt a lot of non-Kpop people know who Lee Seung Gi is. But still. They're celebrities!

I can't beat my mom though. She personally shook hands with Tom Cruise as Oliver Stone's nephew's babysitter o_o The benefits of living in North Hollywood and working as a babysitter in the late 1980's.

ON A SIDE NOTE: My dad told me after visiting the Apple store that he'll buy me a MacBook Pro for college. CAN I GET A WOOP WOOP??!!! I better document this somewhere.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Me in Other Places

Twitter | ohnerak_
Powered by Blogger.

About the Blogger

This was a blog I wrote on from 2010-2016. Keeping it for posterity. Hi, I'm an 18-year-old human, happened to be named Karen, who thinks a day of YouTube watching, gaming, forum reading, and blog writing is a day well spent. I use this thing to talk about stuff.