Indecisiveness and Arpeggio-ing



I never knew that making a piano arrangement would drive me this nuts.

I've been working on a VIXX mini medley for the past couple months, and the only reason why it's taking this long is that I've been so indecisive about what the hell I'm doing. First, I only mashed two songs together. Then, I added another. And then, I added another. And then, I complicated the notes. AND THEN, I de-complicated the notes. And now, I feel like I want to redo the first song and throw it into a lower key.

So, I'm kinda driving myself nuts.

I think I'm being too much of a perfectionist about this but I don't want to record the medley and regret it later on, either.

I was sitting on my piano stool, scratching my head over how to work around the medley with the first song in a lower key for the past 30 minutes until I started getting mad, and for all you pianists out there, you know that when you're getting pissed and your blood starts to boil, it's time to stop. And so here I am -_____-

On a side note, my arpeggios are another problem... (Arpeggios are strings of notes btw... they help the song flow more nicely, so in a sense they're kinda like transitions and an accompaniment at the same time.) The ones I make sound so elementary and basic that it even makes me cringe.

I WANT DEPTH IN MY MEDLEY BUT I'M NOT GETTING IT GODF(insert string of profanities)

Guess who has some studying to do -_- I'm so sick and tired of creating the same damn mediocre arpeggios all the damn time-- it makes me wanna throw up. Nuh-uh. No more. 1000% done with self.


On other news, it's my birthday tomorrow! Exciting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Me in Other Places

Twitter | ohnerak_
Powered by Blogger.

About the Blogger

This was a blog I wrote on from 2010-2016. Keeping it for posterity. Hi, I'm an 18-year-old human, happened to be named Karen, who thinks a day of YouTube watching, gaming, forum reading, and blog writing is a day well spent. I use this thing to talk about stuff.