Post-Rain Depression

If you happen to live in California, you'd probably know well that there has been a drought here for the longest time. And if you happen to live in California, you'd probably know well that

IT RAINED THIS PAST FRIDAY AND SATURDAY MORNING!!!

AND WHY AM I SO ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT THIS????

BECAUSE I'M A SOUTHERN CALIFORNIAN AND THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING

I mean, I see news articles about the rain. News articles. I highly doubt you'd see articles about rain in like, Seattle. People from Seattle probably chuckle at us, really.

So I was reading those news articles and they talk about how Southern Californians have never been so happy to see rain LOL. Guilty. I was screaming things like "hallelujah" and "praise the lawd" on Friday evening through Saturday morning.

Anyway, the point of this is that... I have post-rain depression at the moment. I know I sound like I'm trying to make a joke but I'm being dead serious. I searched up "wettest places in the U.S." and cried (lol) over how much rain these States get annually on average. 61 inches? 99 inches??? 126 inches????!!!!! Um, can y'all donate some of your rainwater to us or somethin' T_T Or better yet, blow the rainclouds over in our general direction....

(I swear, if northwestern or eastern or anywhere else U.S. people saw me, they'd probably think that I'm pretty pathetic 'cuz I use RainyMood and sound isolation headphones to make up for the lack of rain here.)

PC: Benjamin Brink/The Oregonian
Rainy day in Portland!
If I were to move out of California to a more rainy State, I'd probably move to Seattle or Portland. (They're still at the West Coast area mmhm West Coast 4 lyfe) Seattle and Portland both have about 154 inches (edit: mah bad) days of rain a year, according to this source. Maybe I'd choose Portland, since it's closer to California. Don't get me wrong, I love California, I grew up here, all of my family's here, I really wouldn't move away to another State that easily... but I just wish the weather would go back to how it was before, when I was younger. It used to be somewhat gloomy/rainy during the October through February months... I remember seeing pouring rain when I was in elementary school. Best days ever.

In the midst of my post-rain depression, I looked at the AccuWeather monthly forecast thing, and I saw that there were a couple cloudy days and some rainy days in December... hopefully AccuWeather is actually accurate for that.... but I know it probably won't be especially at this point of the month =_=

At least, I hope it kinda rains when I'm at San Francisco during the Christmas holidays. (Not while we're doing smores though. I think we're doing smores.) I think I might have a better chance of rain there. LOL. Damn it, SoCal. Rain some more, dammit.

-brb making sacrifices to the rain gods-

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Me in Other Places

Twitter | ohnerak_
Powered by Blogger.

About the Blogger

This was a blog I wrote on from 2010-2016. Keeping it for posterity. Hi, I'm an 18-year-old human, happened to be named Karen, who thinks a day of YouTube watching, gaming, forum reading, and blog writing is a day well spent. I use this thing to talk about stuff.