Post-Finals



So, finals are over. :D This year particularly, finals weren't too much of a struggle... I found that the weeks before finals were more hellish. But anyway, I am very happy to say that I have straight A's this semester. FIRST TIME EVER IN MY HIGH SCHOOL CAREER, FYI. I'm happy about it, don't get me wrong, but WHY THE HELL DOES THIS HAPPEN IN MY SENIOR YEAR.

Can I please do a little switcheroo with my senior and junior year grades? :( Comparing my junior year grades and my senior year grades is like comparing the hairiness of Chewbacca and Ron Stoppable's naked mole rat.

In other news, I also received four "Outstanding" citizenship grades out of six, which is more than I usually get... -nervous chuckling-

I felt strangely more motivated to do well this semester than any other semester... I think it's mostly because of the kind of classes I have this year. I could get into only one of the APs I applied for, which was AP Statistics, so I really wanted to do well. I felt that if I didn't do well, I'd just bring shame to myself, because honestly, c'mon. It's more than possible.

And honestly, it wasn't hard to get A's in my other non-AP classes... but that didn't give me a reason to look down upon them, so I put in my A+ effort anyway :)

Now, I can ease into the new year with a smile. Lovely. I haven't been so happy with myself in awhile.


[Edit] I forgot to mention, even though it was such a drag for me to volunteer on the last day of school before winter break, the time there was actually especially nice and productive. I had a little chat with the afterschool teacher in my classroom, of which included assuring her that her daughter having one B in her freshman year isn't going to influence her college application process. LOL. The teacher might scream and yell at the students at times, but I learned that day that she has a soft side.

I also got a free hot dog. :D It was kinda funny, 'cuz these random two kids ran in and put a hot dog wrapped in aluminum foil on my desk, and said that it's for me, and ran back out... I thought I heard wrong so I just left it there, since there were some kids crowding around my desk so I thought maybe it was for one of them, but no one touched it... and the teacher said, "I guess it's for you." LOL. No complaints, but it was just funny.

And there was this one little girl who asked if she could look at what I got (she didn't know what was inside), and when I showed it to her, she was like, "Oh, it's a hot dog," and started laughing. So cute.


So I'll be taking off to San Francisco on Tuesday for almost a whole week, and I'm uber excited for that. Christmas in San Francisco with the fam, not having to worry about anything academic. I could get used to this... -stretches-

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Me in Other Places

Twitter | ohnerak_
Powered by Blogger.

About the Blogger

This was a blog I wrote on from 2010-2016. Keeping it for posterity. Hi, I'm an 18-year-old human, happened to be named Karen, who thinks a day of YouTube watching, gaming, forum reading, and blog writing is a day well spent. I use this thing to talk about stuff.