Music of the Month: December

Hope you had a Merry Christmas!!! I just came back from one in Vegas today.

Since I missed November's music of the month (....sorry) I'll throw in two songs this time again. First one is a Christmas song because it's only been a couple days after Christmas so why the heck not, and its title is ironically not what I would've said this year: "I'll Be Home for Christmas" by Michael Bublé.


I've loved this version of the song for a long time. (I like Bublé's voice in general. My parents do too.)

This next one is a normal, non-holiday song: (it's actually kind of depressing but shhhh) I was clicking around YouTube when I stumbled across this song "Youth" by a British group named Daughter.


The lyrics are, no doubt, the highlight of the song. This one line near the beginning caught my attention: "And if you're still breathing, you're the lucky ones / 'Cause most of us are heaving through corrupted lungs"

I really enjoy songs like this one; songs that have lyrics that are like onions and make you peel the layers one by one (...Not like Miley Cyrus's "23" that goes like "I'm in the club high off purp with some shades on" ....hearing that about 5 times on the radio while driving around Vegas didn't make me very happy)

That's it. Hope you have a nice New Year's Day coming up. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Me in Other Places

Twitter | ohnerak_
Powered by Blogger.

About the Blogger

This was a blog I wrote on from 2010-2016. Keeping it for posterity. Hi, I'm an 18-year-old human, happened to be named Karen, who thinks a day of YouTube watching, gaming, forum reading, and blog writing is a day well spent. I use this thing to talk about stuff.