Music of the Month: July



I figured that I should do something routine for both this blog and myself, so I decided to do this "Music of the Day" (Update: it's now "Music of the Month") thing. Basically, once in awhile, I'll post two songs that I feel are "shareworthy." I think this will help me in forcing myself to look for more songs to listen to-- I'm always stuck with the same ones over and over and I don't really like that.

Most of these songs will be either indie/mellow songs or ballads, and most of them will be either French, Korean, Chinese, or English songs. (So don't worry non-Kpop fans, I can guarantee that the songs won't be K-Pop. But I can't guarantee that it won't be a K-Ballad from a K-Pop group. Just saying.)

In other words, I'll try to be as diverse as possible.



This song is called "Dance" by the Korean "experimental band" Clazziquai. I found out about this song through Leo from VIXX; he mentioned it in one of their VIXX TV episodes. (I love Leo's taste in music, to be honest.) It's a really soothing song. There's an English version of it, actually, but I like the Korean version better. :) I've always liked Clazziquai's songs... Alex and Horan (the singers) have very unique and "sweet 'n' smokey" voices.



Next song is called "La meme histôire" by the Canadian singer-songwriter Feist. This was the ending song of a French film I watched on Monday with my cousins, called Paris, je t'aime. I study French at school, so I kinda roughly memorized a few words of the lyrics to look the song up at home, lol. It has a very pleasant, mellifluous melody (It's also in my voice range :D) As a bonus, this is a cover of the song that I like a lot:



That's it for this time. I'll try to go more in-depth about the songs next time (about the lyrics and whatnot).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Me in Other Places

Twitter | ohnerak_
Powered by Blogger.

About the Blogger

This was a blog I wrote on from 2010-2016. Keeping it for posterity. Hi, I'm an 18-year-old human, happened to be named Karen, who thinks a day of YouTube watching, gaming, forum reading, and blog writing is a day well spent. I use this thing to talk about stuff.