RIP, Cory Monteith

I saw some Facebook statuses last night screaming about this guy named "Cory Monteith" passing away, and I'll be honest, I seriously didn't know who he was until I Googled pictures of him. I'm not a Gleek; I've never watched Glee. I've only seen GIFs on Tumblr and snippets of it on TV, but even so... I feel those terrible knots in my throat.

His Twitter profile pic; I really like the
whole silhouette thing. RIP Cory.
I remember during April Fool's day, there were April Fool's pranks about people dying and such, and in the end, obviously, those people weren't dead. A simple "April Fools!", a little laughter, and an arm punching settled everything, and life moved on. When I found out this guy was gone, I seriously thought it was a joke for a good ten minutes. Of course it would seem like a joke; it's not like I've never seen this guy walkin' around all healthy and smiling before. He still seemed very much alive, since it wasn't like he was dying in a hospital bed. He just checked out of rehab a couple months ago, for God's sake. I seriously kept repeating, "This is a joke, right?" while I was clicking around the internet. Even staring at the headline "Cory Monteith confirmed dead at 31," I still kept hoping that someone would pop up and say "April Fools!" But those ten minutes of slight denial eventually went away. Plus, it wasn't April Fool's.

Does this guy seem dead to
you?!?!? The answer is no.
I always get extremely sensitive when someone just passes away suddenly... My grandmother passed away suddenly a little more than a year ago, and a little earlier this year, so did my schoolmate, Esther Suen. Well, I knew my grandmother, obviously, but I didn't know who Esther was, and I still cried a hell of a lot... (God, that school announcement that day really got me... I really don't like crying when I'm at school but I couldn't hold it in that time. It was overbearing)

It's heartbreaking, I know for me, to see someone having to leave their life behind at such a young age. Whenever I think about it, this guy was alive and well just less than a week ago, and the people around him, and his fans, did not expect anything like this to happen, and that's the saddest thing for me. (This is exactly how I felt with my grandmother too, to be honest... she seemed so normal on the day that she died, cuttin' apples up with her nifty knife and popping chunks into her mouth... but then that evening, she was gone, just like that.)

Apparently, Monteith has already done 5 episodes of Glee for the next season, and he had 2 movies in post-production, so obviously this guy had his goals ahead of him. He also seemed like a really nice guy, judging from this tribute video by WhatTheBuck I saw today: (there's a clip of him near the middle of the video)


Man, he seemed like a sweetheart.

I obviously don't know what it feels like to be battling drug addiction (for two decades, for that matter), but the feeling must be almost inexplicable. I don't really blame him for doing drugs, though; he started when he was 13 and he had a rough childhood... can't really blame a kid for that, y'know.

Anyway, I've only known this guy really for a day, but I started crying so much (and half-laughing) when I saw his last two tweets on Twitter:


Sharknado, the topic of his last tweets. Mm, not bad, haha. Rest in paradise, Cory Monteith, you'll be missed. My deepest condolences for his family and friends (and fans). (Stay strong, Lea.)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Me in Other Places

Twitter | ohnerak_
Powered by Blogger.

About the Blogger

This was a blog I wrote on from 2010-2016. Keeping it for posterity. Hi, I'm an 18-year-old human, happened to be named Karen, who thinks a day of YouTube watching, gaming, forum reading, and blog writing is a day well spent. I use this thing to talk about stuff.