Rest in peace, Quxxn

Another depressing post... sorry guys...

On July 21, one of my favorite Sims gurus, TheQuxxn, passed away due to a surgical infection that eventually afflicted her lungs.

I didn't know that she was gone until my friend told me, and until I realized some Sims gurus were saying R.I.P on their statuses... I scrambled around the Sims community trying to find official word on Quxxn, and my friend was right. Quxxn passed.

Quxxn's Twitter, which now remains as a memory of Quxxn...
Her passing is so devastating for me (and I think for other people as well) because it really didn't have to be this way...

Quxxn was a very private person, never revealed her face nor told us her real name, but she was never cold or mysterious. She had a lovely, happy voice behind the microphone, and that was all we needed to know that she was a bright and kind person. She adored what she was doing. She loved playing the Sims, and in turn, people loved her.

I watched Sims guru AndrewArcade's tribute video yesterday and he mentioned how Quxxn immediately sent him a message after he came back to YouTube (he left a year before because of personal issues), saying that she'll be there if he ever needed to talk. Quxxn was such a lovely person.

Every time she was mentioned, I'd feel that little spot of hollowness in my chest and I'd cry. A lot.

It was just surgery. Just surgery. People go into surgery every single day, so why was it that someone like Quxxn had to suffer?

I just really thought she was going to make it (but who would have thought otherwise?..)

Just like precious Talia who passed away a week ago, Quxxn had her plans. I watched her most recent video after I heard of her passing, and she was talking about how she'd update us at the hospital, how she'd upload pre-recorded videos for us, and how she was worrying about weak wifi at the hospital. It really hurts to hear words like that... especially when it's from Quxxn herself.

Sims guru ChrillSims3 said in his tribute video to Quxxn that she had a "secret surprise" planned for her subscribers, and that she was planning to use one of the houses Chrill had built for her for that surprise. It's gutwrenching to know that we'll never have the chance to see what that surprise was...

I read some comments about how we're taking Quxxn's death a little too far, and that Quxxn wouldn't have wanted such commotion because of her. I know where they're coming from, but Quxxn was such a prominent figure in the Sims community. She was an inspiration to so many people. She not only inspired people to be LP'ers, but also shone light into those people through her kindness and cheerfulness. She was a role model for many people. Since she was a person we saw in the Sims community almost everyday but is no longer here with us due to unexpected and sudden circumstances, it's natural that people would have to grieve... so let them.

I used to make fun of how she loved everything (and I mean everything) about the Sims, even the really, really weird things, but I loved her so much as a fan. Hearing her bright, uplifting voice while watching her play the Sims was soothing and calming. I feel really sad when I realize her channel will no longer be updated...

It's still hard to take in, and I still feel a little dazed about what happened, but we lost a wonderful young woman on July 21. It's been a little over 3 days now, and I think I'm finally ready to move on. But that doesn't mean I'll forget her; I'll always remember her and her "have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day" outro. I'll have that ingrained in my mind forever.

Rest in paradise, Quxxn. I'm glad you're no longer suffering. (Did you meet Cory Monteith and Talia on your way to heaven? (:)

For anyone who's curious, this is Quxxn's YouTube link: http://youtube.com/TheQuxxn.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Me in Other Places

Twitter | ohnerak_
Powered by Blogger.

About the Blogger

This was a blog I wrote on from 2010-2016. Keeping it for posterity. Hi, I'm an 18-year-old human, happened to be named Karen, who thinks a day of YouTube watching, gaming, forum reading, and blog writing is a day well spent. I use this thing to talk about stuff.