Smells

Whenever you step into a person's house, 99.99% of the time, you'll smell a smell. A smell that is called the "family scent." It's not necessarily malodorous, but it still exists (although some scents are pretty bad... that's only from bad hygiene). The family scent is a curious thing. You can't smell your own family scent. Right now, my house smells like... air. I don't smell anything strange about it. But once I enter another person's house, their family scent hits me like a wave... (but then most of the strangeness goes away once your nostrils get accustomed to the smell.)

Sorry if I smell bad
I've always wondered about this family scent... I don't know why, but I've noticed that most people (particularly Asians I guess, since all of my friends are Asian) almost smell the same. And I mean from my observations from going to their houses; I don't go around sniffing people. Well, they're somewhat different in some small aspects, but for the most part, it's usually the same. So, do I smell like that too? Maybe Asians have their own smells. Is it based on cultural stuff?

Don't you ever wonder what you smell like? What does my house smell like? What do I smell like?... Well, unfortunately, I can't go asking people to sniff me and tell me what I smell like. You can't explain the smell. It's just.. that smell. The smell. There's nothing comparable to the scent, really (unless you literally smell like rotten cheese or something).

I will branch on this curious topic a little further. Though there is a family scent in the house, each individual has their own smell (I think the family scent is a mixture of all the scents). For example, my mom naturally has a good scent; she smells really nice. I think her sweat even smells nice. I lie face down on my mom's pillow sometimes (not for long though, or else I'd suffocate myself). MY DAD HOWEVER, he smells really bad. Well, it's nowhere near a rotten cheese or sweaty socks kind of smell (thank goodness), but it's a really strong scent that doesn't make me wanna lie face down on his pillow. But since he's my dad, I guess it does bring me some comfort. Don't think I'm weird now, I'm more than sure I'm not the only one that feels this way about parents and their scent.

I still don't know what I smell like. I'm really curious though. I mean, even when I smell my clothes, I don't smell anything, unless it's dirty or sweaty or something. WHAT DO I SMELL LIKE?? Will this question ever be answered???

(And how many times did I say "smell" in this post?)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Me in Other Places

Twitter | ohnerak_
Powered by Blogger.

About the Blogger

This was a blog I wrote on from 2010-2016. Keeping it for posterity. Hi, I'm an 18-year-old human, happened to be named Karen, who thinks a day of YouTube watching, gaming, forum reading, and blog writing is a day well spent. I use this thing to talk about stuff.