A Big Ball of Hectic



I remember last year in my math class, when I was a freshman, there was this sophomore who sat in front of me. She had really prominent dark circles under her eyes. I seriously remember thinking, "Pfft, I won't become like that next year." Holy crap, how I was wrong. I was so sleep deprived this year, it's not funny at all. And I literally felt like an empty carcass during the majority of May.

It was the last day of school today. To be honest, I am so, so, so glad the year is finally over. As I sit here reflecting back on this year, I feel like it was just one big ball of hectic... freaking out about grades, essays, exams, how I wasn't learning anything in Chemistry... I'm not going to elaborate much on this, but man, the precious hours of sleep that I lost is saddening. Sophomore year made its mark with my now freakishly dark circles under my eyes.

WHAT TIME IS IT? IT'S F--KIN' SUMMER TIME
However, as bitter as I may seem about the year, I will miss being in some of my classes. World History class was awesome. And I also made a few (awesome) new friends, and enhanced my relationship with some old acquaintances, which may be the only reasons why I feel slightly wistful, but other than that, nope. Nothing.

I guess it's because we just finished taking our finals on Wednesday, so leaving two days afterward is like a little gentle slap to the face.

Now, I give my sophomore year 3.8 stars out of 5. If it wasn't for my (very much) improved GPA and my new friends, I would've given it a 2, to be quite honest. Now, it's time to relax and prep for another hectic year coming my way...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Me in Other Places

Twitter | ohnerak_
Powered by Blogger.

About the Blogger

This was a blog I wrote on from 2010-2016. Keeping it for posterity. Hi, I'm an 18-year-old human, happened to be named Karen, who thinks a day of YouTube watching, gaming, forum reading, and blog writing is a day well spent. I use this thing to talk about stuff.