A Twist

There was a time when I was very self-conscious about my Facebook posts. I'd bang my head on tables trying to create a witty/worthy status that could get a lot of likes. I guess you could say my wall was basically my trophy shelf. I'm the most unsocial person you'd ever meet, I didn't have pictures with my friends' and I making puffy duck faces, so it made up for it, I guess. I made sure only the best were put on that shelf. Eventually, for a period of time I stopped posting statuses altogether 'cause it was too time consuming to actually think of witty statuses (I'm not the type of person that's just naturally cleverly funny, y'know). But the point of Facebook is about posting statuses, I realized recently, so I felt somewhat stupid. Then, I started posting statuses more frequently... to an excessive degree... either about absolutely nothing or about any random thoughts that pops into my mind (or about K-Pop oppars). I know doing that annoys people, but I do it anyway.

This is one of the reasons why I find it surprising when people tell me that it's interesting to read my posts. No one usually likes my Facebook posts, so... I would have never guessed. I always thought people hiss at the sight of my name on their timelines and ignore my posts but... I guess some people don't entirely dislike my spams of bad grammar and backslashes of feels??

What I'm trying to say is, what I'm doing now totally contrasts what I did a couple years ago, and no, I don't get tons of likes for my almost illiterate Facebook statuses.. but knowing that people read them.. it gives me the same feeling as the former. I'm glad those few people enjoy my blabbering. Well, you kinda have only three options: hate them, like them, or ignore them... It's not like I'm gonna stop posting annoying statuses, hah.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Me in Other Places

Twitter | ohnerak_
Powered by Blogger.

About the Blogger

This was a blog I wrote on from 2010-2016. Keeping it for posterity. Hi, I'm an 18-year-old human, happened to be named Karen, who thinks a day of YouTube watching, gaming, forum reading, and blog writing is a day well spent. I use this thing to talk about stuff.