Questioning My Fandoms?



I don't know why, but I'm starting to feel that I might like VIXX even more than EXO.

Maybe it's because EXO hasn't really been on any variety shows, especially EXO-K... Honestly, they still feel like strangers to me, even though I see them everyday on my Tumblr dashboard. I don't know much about them, when I really think about it.. if you tell me to list what the EXO members, for example, liked or disliked, or any notable things that happened, I literally wouldn't have anything to say, other than those really generic ones that you hear all the time. Like, how Kris draws really badly and speaks ghetto English, or how Suho is a really big dorky leader and doesn't know how to handle his "children," or how Kai teases by slightly stripping on stage or whatever.. Even my bias, Xiumin, for example. I love him to death, but there's nothing much I know about him (and everyone still insists on calling him "baozi"...) I mean, I still don't really feel like I know them. Again, it's mainly because they haven't been on variety shows.

I blame SM Entertainment for not giving them any activity whatsoever this past year.

I've only started really, really getting into VIXX several weeks ago, but I feel like I'm so much closer to them as a fan. Comparing a year (or 400+ days, to be more specific) to several weeks, that's an enormous difference. I think it's because along with variety shows, VIXX has that VIXX TV thing, for constantly updating with the fans and doing little silly things to keep us entertained. (Must I inform that VIXX debuted a month after EXO did... and yet they have all this stuff for me to watch and EXO doesn't?!?!?)

Maybe SM spent so much money on EXO's music video that they just neglected them afterwards. The CGI effects, yo. Looked expensive.

But anyway, I also do like how the VIXX fandom is a lot quieter than the EXO fandom, hahaha. I love the crazy EXO fandom, don't get me wrong, but sometimes it can get reeeeally too crazy. Being a Starlight reminds me of the ELF days with SuJu.. I was so innocent back then. It's nice to go back to being innocent, I guess. (What I mean is, I really can't imagine VIXX in a smut scenario.. but I can imagine EXO in a smut scenario very clearly.... yeeeah...)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Me in Other Places

Twitter | ohnerak_
Powered by Blogger.

About the Blogger

This was a blog I wrote on from 2010-2016. Keeping it for posterity. Hi, I'm an 18-year-old human, happened to be named Karen, who thinks a day of YouTube watching, gaming, forum reading, and blog writing is a day well spent. I use this thing to talk about stuff.