Driving Makes Me Angry

[Beware of a semi-angry, gradually foul-mouthed post-turned-rant.]

So. Since this Monday, I've started driving.

Driving is generally a pretty cool thing for a teen. You're finally the one in control of the car; you put on blinkers, you change lanes, it's all on you. Whatever you decide to do, goes. Pretty sa-weet.

But on the contrary, so far I'm feeling that driving makes me angry. And dangerously bitter.

What a pretty picture
For starters, I was excited to start driving. Driving is the first step to becoming an adult, right? I could already imagine cruising around and jammin' to my favorite songs in my car (that I would take care of religiously) and being all happy and free and shit. As good as all that had sounded, I realized I have a looong way to go. Very long way.

Learning how to drive at the moment is not really that fun for me, unfortunately. I've heard from other people as I grew up that driving was a piece of cake! A walk in the park! You'd get it in two weeks!

WHAT. LIARS.

What I wanna do to my
driving instructor
Let me start off with my driving instructor. He doesn't yell, but instead, laughs at me when I do something wrong or weirdly. It's because of this guy that I started to feel angry while driving, honestly. Like, please, I'm trying not to get us killed, so would you kindly cut off the laughter? (That totally was not a Bioshock reference.) My gradually crumbling self-confidence is amusing to him too, I suppose. I guess his laughing is better than yelling, but it's not any more encouraging. Ah, maybe I should slam his car into a tree; let's see if then he's still laughing.

It's also very hard to practice driving during the day when there are impatient, short-tempered people around you giving you dirty looks, because you're apparently moving too slowly for their tolerance level. Just today, I was inching out of my parking spot at my local Walmart and to my own wonderful luck, there were two rowdy-looking idiots walking by ooooh-ing right at me, laughing and shaking their heads, and a guy in a car honking at me, dramatically throwing his hands up from his steering wheel after I started driving forward. What a drama queen. For fuck's sake, sure, I was moving more slowly than more experienced drivers, but y'all don't need to laugh at me and give me that kind of shit attitude. SORRY IF THAT GUY HAD A BAD DAY BEFORE HE WENT TO WALMART, but screw him. Hope he has another bad day tomorrow. Same for the other two shitheads.

(Having my parents yell contradicting directions at me also didn't help a smidge.)

Each day, I become less and less confident about driving. Ha. Ha. The thing is though, I really want to learn and practice and get this driving business out of the way---make it the least of my problems. However, no one trusts me behind the wheel yet so they're shouting directions at me left and right (which heightens my anxiousness if anything), and I've got extremely discouraging and impatient-as-hell people around me. Thanks, world. (I'm still pretty damn bitter about that Walmart incident. If I wasn't paying attention to the damn road, which thank God I was, I would've flipped off that asshole drama queen in the car and given him a personal "fuck you" out my window.)


People during the day clearly can't handle new drivers because we're so difficult to deal with, so I'm sticking with evening driving now. And maybe invest in a "Student Driver" bumper sticker; maybe that would fuckin' help.

Ugh. Sorry for my rude language; I try to keep my blog as clean as possible, but the people I dealt with these past few days have made me feel especially frustrated and disrespected. I can't stay "modest" when that happens.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Me in Other Places

Twitter | ohnerak_
Powered by Blogger.

About the Blogger

This was a blog I wrote on from 2010-2016. Keeping it for posterity. Hi, I'm an 18-year-old human, happened to be named Karen, who thinks a day of YouTube watching, gaming, forum reading, and blog writing is a day well spent. I use this thing to talk about stuff.