My Graduation Weekend 2015: Part Two (Knott's)

My ticket... and my only photo relating
to Knott's Berry Farm
(To read part one, click here.)

A little long overdue (again), but here is PART TWO of the "My Graduation Weekend 2015" post. I kinda put it off because, for one, I'm only gonna talk about my time at Knott's Berry Farm, and for another, I seriously didn't take any pictures about my trip there, unless you count the picture I took of my ticket after I got home.

Sorry, I have failed the blog post already.

Nonetheless, I shall commence forward and talk about it anyway! (To note: I haven't been to Knott's since five years ago, when I went as part of my eighth grade promotion trip.) For this post, I'm just going to write about two highlight things, so I don't have to fork out a mouthful of a post: my horrible experience at Johnny Rockets, and GHOSTRIDER.

1 PM

It was lunch time, my cousins and I were all slightly peckish because we didn't know the line to the Voyage to the Iron Reef ride was gonna take that long. (That ride wasn't even all that great anyway... it was just a larger version of the Toy Story Midway Mania and Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin rides at Disneyland, and I find those rides more fun LOL). We sat down at our table at Johnny Rockets and gave our orders, and then we waited.

We got our onion ring appetizers. We ate them.

And then we waited again.

And we waited some more.

We waited until we were getting a little frustrated with how long our burgers were taking.

Then, finally, the guy waiter came around! But he only served 4 out of the 6 burgers we ordered, and the poor two of my cousins had to wait even more. When one of my two cousins got her burger, the waiter looked blankly at my other cousin, who was sitting with nothing in front of her, and realized that he didn't take her order.

...Homie say what?

AND NO, THAT'S NOT THE END OF IT. She was the SECOND to order. SECOND. Did he space out or something while he was taking orders?

On top of that, my cousin who just got her burger realized that they got her order incorrectly, and she sent it back into the kitchen, FOR HER TO WAIT SOME MORE.

I think my other cousin who didn't get her order written down had gotten her burger by now, but at this time, my cousin was still waiting for hers that she sent back. When she got her burger again, THEY MESSED UP AGAIN. She sent it back in, and THEY MESSED UP THE THIRD BURGER, TOO.

In the end, the waiter helped us remove the charge of the burger from the bill and didn't charge the burger that he didn't write down, which is good, but SERIOUSLY, HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY MESS UP AN ORDER THREE TIMES?

Ohoho, there's more to say. This Johnny Rockets was the same Johnny Rockets that gave my friends and me a stinky attitude when I visited five years ago, during my eighth grade Knott's trip.


And this is why I didn't take any picture of my burger, which I normally would, because I was so damn hungry that I didn't even bother taking out my phone to snap a pic.

Definition of HORRIBLE SERVICE.

7 PM

I was a little pooped since we were almost planning to leave, and I kinda sorta didn't want to go on the GhostRider rollercoaster... but I went anyway since I'm probably not gonna come to Knott's for at least another 3 years.

Panoramic view of GhostRider


Since I've only went to Knott's, like, once (that I remember), I used to think that this ride was indoors, but the only 'indoor' thing from this ride was the entrance and the waiting. But anyway, I get on the rollercoaster, being kind of scared since the ride is entirely made of wood, and I sit there not knowing what to expect from this ride. I thought it wasn't gonna be that extreme (if you've ridden on this rollercoaster, you're probably throwing bricks at me right now) until my extreme-rollercoaster-rider cousin told my other cousin and me that this rollercoaster was probably gonna be the most intense out of all the rollercoasters we had ridden that day.

Then again, even then, I didn't even have much of a reaction because I was so tired.

But then the rollercoaster starts climbing up a huge ass slope, and I started to realize how fucking high up we were going?!??!!?

You know those rollercoasters that have drops that are from so high up that you can't even see the damn ground when you're falling? Yeah. GhostRider's drop is 118 feet. So to simply put it, my soul escaped from my body and danced the tango outside my body for a couple seconds.

Though that wasn't the end of it; after twisting and turning and trying to maintain my head on my neck because it was so jerky, there was 3 seconds of calm cruising, and then it throws you down a huge ass drop again like it was saying, "Oh yeah, it's almost ove---PSSYYYCH, LOSER"

"Most intense ride of that day?" More like the "most intense ride of my life." And that ride is probably the longest extreme ride I've ever been on... Knott's website claims that it's 2 minutes, and 2 minutes is pretty freakin' long for a rollercoaster.

I loved every second of it, though. It seems that a lot of people kind of hate it one way or the other, but whether a rollercoaster is jerky or not, I don't really care too much. If there's a long drop, count me in. (I'm quite a sucker for long drops. :D) I've read people's reviews on GhostRider online and have had some friends tell me that they hate it because of the jerkiness and its "old-fashionedness," but damn, I loved it. I didn't get bruised, and I kept my head up throughout the whole ride (like you're supposed to...) No pain for me, and I had fun. End of story. (Note that I would not take a lil' 9 year old child on it. People who have taken little children on that kind of ride really need to sit in a corner a re-evaluate themselves. I also probably would not go on it if I'm nearing 40 years old. Those themselves resolve about 75% of all negative reviews about this ride, honestly.)


The day was pretty fun overall, despite the rather disappointing lunch. My only regret was not being able to ride Jaguar!! Jaguar was kinda fun when I rode it when I was younger :( I had hoped to ride it after GhostRider but we ran out of time; the park's closing time was 8 PM (suuuper early). Besides, my cousins and I were already scrambling to get to GhostRider in fear that it was gonna close.

Anyway, I'm probably not gonna go back anytime soon though, just because I prefer going to Disneyland and Universal Studios LOL. I don't know why, I just feel that those two other parks have a different "theme park" atmosphere that I like more... but that doesn't mean Knott's isn't cool. :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Me in Other Places

Twitter | ohnerak_
Powered by Blogger.

About the Blogger

This was a blog I wrote on from 2010-2016. Keeping it for posterity. Hi, I'm an 18-year-old human, happened to be named Karen, who thinks a day of YouTube watching, gaming, forum reading, and blog writing is a day well spent. I use this thing to talk about stuff.