What DO I like?

Picture credit: JacksGap


I was talking to my mom yesterday about what I want to major in for college. To be honest with you, I really don't know what I enjoy doing in life. In middle school, playing the Sims made me interested in interior design, but the more I went looking into the career, the more it didn't feel right to me. I had to be "outgoing" and willing to work and communicate with others. I also had to have a flexible and creative mind. Being "outgoing" isn't the best thing that describes me, and I'm not what you would call creative. Also the job doesn't necessarily pay well unless you're talented and persistent.

I don't like Math. I don't like Science. I don't like History. I don't necessarily dislike English, but I'm not interested in an academic career. Accounting? No. An office job? Nah. A government job? Definitely not.

When my mom suggested being a teacher, I actually thought about it. But then again, I don't really have the patience, and I feel that being a teacher makes your life go by really quickly. Your years are counted as school years, basically. I don't really like that either.

I didn't know what I liked to do.

But I did notice something today. Whenever it comes to coding or html, either it be a Tumblr theme or customizing this blog page, I get really intrigued. I spent hours (and I literally mean hours) coding and customizing and going on Google to learn how to insert links into pictures or how to add color to text or how to add all these little things into the webpage to make it all cute and stuff. Heck, I spent the whole DAY just customizing this blog yesterday. Also, everything has to be perfect. If there's something wrong or a little off, I must find the reason why. Just a week ago or so, my pagination on my Tumblr page was all wacky and I couldn't find the reason why. I literally took a good 20 minutes to browse through the codings to see what was wrong. (I found the reason why and it was so stupid oh my god) Even though I wasted 20 minutes of my life on that thing, I didn't feel that it was wasted badly, y'know. Html is really interesting to me, I guess.

It's funny how I never realized it though.. Now that I think about it, this started way back when I was coding my Neopets userlookup pages. I'd go to great lengths to find a layout that I liked, and I would customize the day away. Back then, I didn't know about codes for paragraphs so I was a little stumped when the text wouldn't skip a line when I wanted to. After spending time on Tumblr though, I learned to sort of read the html, and find where it is that I have to fix in order to suit my personal tastes... something which I am kinda proud about. :)

(So I guess it all started from when my cousin taught me the copy and paste function....)

I still don't know what major I want to be in for college, but at least I know what I enjoy doing. That's a headstart, right?

P.S. I made the header just a few hours ago. My God, I love it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Me in Other Places

Twitter | ohnerak_
Powered by Blogger.

About the Blogger

This was a blog I wrote on from 2010-2016. Keeping it for posterity. Hi, I'm an 18-year-old human, happened to be named Karen, who thinks a day of YouTube watching, gaming, forum reading, and blog writing is a day well spent. I use this thing to talk about stuff.