A Guilty Pleasure



Chris Brown isn't exactly the person you'd love to like... I mean, especially from all that stuff about what happened between him and Rihanna... and his assault trial or whatever.

...BUT WHY MUST I LIKE HIS SONGS??

I call this a guilty pleasure, since I don't really like Chris Brown as a person. As a singer though, he's alright. Although his Fortune album was criticized, I actually like most of the songs 'cause most of them are the kind of songs I like.

I don't think there's any problem with liking a person for his music, not particularly for how he is as a person... But it does sound and feel a little strange... and oddly frustrating. Ehh. It's the same with some people with John Mayer. Some people dislike him ('cause they feel he's too egoistic) but love his music...

Music is a separate entity, I guess. That explains a lot... it could also explain why some people would really enjoy K-Pop, when they know little to no Korean. Same concept? Hm.

This song really doesn't sound like it comes from a person who had a serious domestic violence issue or someone who had gotten arrested like more than 5 times. Da fuq, Chris Brown.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Me in Other Places

Twitter | ohnerak_
Powered by Blogger.

About the Blogger

This was a blog I wrote on from 2010-2016. Keeping it for posterity. Hi, I'm an 18-year-old human, happened to be named Karen, who thinks a day of YouTube watching, gaming, forum reading, and blog writing is a day well spent. I use this thing to talk about stuff.