Itazura na Kiss: Love in Tokyo: Unleashing Some Feels

So. There's this drama called "Itazura na Kiss: Love in Tokyo" which is a Japanese live-action adaptation of the manga by Tada Kaoru.

I would talk about Itakiss directly on my Facebook but I feel I'd be bothering people, so I decided to write about it here, because WHY THE HECK NOT---I HAVE ALL THIS SPACE.

[SPOILER ALERT]

SO UM, IN SHORT, I'M LOSING MY DAMN COMPOSURE OVER THIS DRAMA BY THE DAY.

I swear I have never felt this way towards a drama series ever since Hana Yori Dango, which was years ago.

I just--

I can't--

How do you express--

I watched this drama before the start of winter break, and damn, it was so incredibly cheesy. But so incredibly A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E. There were times where I literally screamed (not kidding.) and squealed and had seizure-like spasms in my computer chair... ESPECIALLY AT EPISODE 10 AND AT THE LAST FEW SCENES... (omg Naoki drying Kotoko's hair with the towel ♥)

TOTAL SPOILER but this kiss was the kiss that made
me literally scream into the depths of my house......
Though at first, I was kinda creeped out because I found out the actor of the male lead character, Furukawa Yuki, is 10 years older than the actress of the female lead character, Miki Honoka (she's my age...), but I gritted my teeth and still stuck with the drama, and after awhile.... I COMPLETELY DISREGARDED THE AGE DIFFERENCE BECAUSE THEY'RE SO CUTE TOGETHER NONETHELESS. Even when they're out of character~


LOOK AT THIS OFF-SCREEN INTERACTION.
AND THIS TOO. LIKE, WHAT IS THIS.

I don't fantasize about them as a couple-couple though, because in reality, the age gap does matter... but regardless, I feel they still have a nice platonic love kind of thing going on.

But ANYWAY, back to the actual drama.... The moment I heard that a SEASON 2 was confirmed, I totally LOST MY SHIT

'CUZ WE GET TO SEE KIN-CHAN AGAIN TOO.

Hot damn.
Hinase Minami.. she looks
a bit older now than she
does here :( 
I can't wait to see Kin-chan's girl. Apparently, he gets a foreign girlfriend... so I'm curious... This is total wishful thinking but I wish Hinase Minami (she's half-Japanese, half-French ♥) could play his girlfriend... but she's like 27 years old now, lol.

SPEAKING OF WANTING TO SEE SOMEONE... I'm so damn excited to see Kotoko and Naoki's daughter Kotomi~ (Hopefully they'll put Kotomi in Season 2...)

The only thing I'm concerned about is how they're going to make Honoka Miki look like a woman in her 20's... Honoka is only 8 months older than me, by the way, and I am definitely not 20 years old...

BUT ANYWAY I FRIGGIN' LOVE THIS DRAMA SO MUCH THAT IT HURTS (╥﹏╥)

I saw someone post really nice pics of her Itakiss Director's Cut DVDs (which includes a photobook and all that other neat-o stuff) AND I CONSIDERED BUYING THE DIRECTOR'S CUT... until I saw the price for it on Amazon-- $103 dollars. Ha ha ha... buying? What? What is buying?

Season 2 is apparently in production at the moment... and will be released in May. :D I'LL CONSIDER ITAKISS 2 AS MY PRESENT AFTER AP TESTING.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Me in Other Places

Twitter | ohnerak_
Powered by Blogger.

About the Blogger

This was a blog I wrote on from 2010-2016. Keeping it for posterity. Hi, I'm an 18-year-old human, happened to be named Karen, who thinks a day of YouTube watching, gaming, forum reading, and blog writing is a day well spent. I use this thing to talk about stuff.