It's Turkey Day!

Damn, I've never had turkey like that.
Why can't it be called Turkey and Ham Day? Or Turkey and Mashed Potatoes Day? Or Turkey and Cornucopia Day? What makes turkey so superior???

.....

So folks, it's Thanksgiving Day, the day when all fat plump turkeys meet their dooms and when a majority of Americans use social networking to express their thanks.

Personally, I have never had anything in particular to thank. I'm thankful for everything. I've always thought that maybe I'm not thinking hard enough, but damn it, why can't I just say that I'm thankful for everything? Because really, I am. But I get the feeling that when a person says "I'm thankful for everything" the immediate response is "Aw heeeell naw you gotta be bullshitting."

But what if I'm really not bullshitting? Do you want me to elaborate? Sure. I'm thankful for having a roof on top of my head. I'm thankful that I have understanding parents. I'm thankful for my heritage. I'm thankful for meeting my friends. I'm thankful for having my own room. I'm thankful that my parents allow me to have posters of Korean men on my wall. I'm thankful that I can afford stuff. I'm thankful for having electronics such as this laptop that I'm typing on. I'm thankful that I have good grades. I'm thankful that I have a supporting family. I'm thankful for all the luck that I've experienced thus far. I'm thankful that I can eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day. I'm thankful that I have heat in my house. I'm thankful that my house wasn't blown away from some hurricane. I'm thankful that my damn sink is running. I'm thankful for indoor plumbing. I'm thankful that I've had good classes at school. I'm thankful for having many wonderful teachers in the past. I'm thankful for my mom who understands me when my dad doesn't. I'm thankful for my dad who understands me when my mom doesn't. I'm thankful for the good memories that are lodged in my brain. I'm thankful that they're not bad memories. I'm thankful for the piano that's sitting in my living room. I'm thankful that I have the ability to play on that piano. I'm thankful for all the bad things that have happened in my life because somehow, somewhere along the line, they have shaped my future. I'm thankful that I'm healthy. I'm thankful that my family is healthy. I'm thankful that I breathe. I'm thankful that I was given the time to experience life.

I mean, unless people are really, reeeeeeeeeally concerned about what I'm thankful for, will most people read that to the dot? Probably not.

So the next time that someone says "I'm thankful for everything," don't be a jerk. There's a chance that the person is just really lazy.

Anyway, all joking aside, I'm not saying that it's bad if you have something/one in particular you wanna thank. That's wonderful. More power to you; thank the thing to shreds. But if you think that you're thankful for everything but can't put the words together, don't feel bad; that's okay too. Because the point of Thanksgiving isn't about the specificity of your thanking. It's just about being thankful. That's it. That's the point. You feel thankful? Great. Today is a good day for that.

So hope you had a nice thanksgiving! Hopefully you didn't fatten up too much though or else you'll be rolling around the shops tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Me in Other Places

Twitter | ohnerak_
Powered by Blogger.

About the Blogger

This was a blog I wrote on from 2010-2016. Keeping it for posterity. Hi, I'm an 18-year-old human, happened to be named Karen, who thinks a day of YouTube watching, gaming, forum reading, and blog writing is a day well spent. I use this thing to talk about stuff.