Music of the Month: October



Hope y'all are having a pleasant Halloween night. I'm supposed to be studying for my U.S. History test... but this will only take a little while, so whatever. I skipped September's Music of the Month, sorry 'bout that... To make it up, here are two songs I'll post this month.

  • The first song is called Gentleman by (not Psy) Daniela Andrade. Daniela Andrade is a singer/songwriter who does covers and originals on YouTube. She recently got a little boost of popularity from her songs being featured in makeup guru Michelle Phan's videos. (That's how I found her, to be honest.) "Gentleman" is from of her EP album, "The Things We've Said."


The song has a dreamy guitar melody in the background (that caught my ears the first time I heard it), which complements nicely with Daniela's sweet vocals. The lyrics are typical of a fluffy, "I'm in love" kind of song. I really highly recommend you check out her YouTube channel, here, and listen to some of her covers and originals. They're all really good.

  • The second song I have here is called Shiny Day by Donawhale. Donawhale is a K-Indie group.
I can't put the direct video here for some reason, but here is the link to the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTblWAmxR2o
Trance-like song with a light and slow electric guitar melody in the background. The female's vocals are almost muffled-- really makes you feel like you're floating or something.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Me in Other Places

Twitter | ohnerak_
Powered by Blogger.

About the Blogger

This was a blog I wrote on from 2010-2016. Keeping it for posterity. Hi, I'm an 18-year-old human, happened to be named Karen, who thinks a day of YouTube watching, gaming, forum reading, and blog writing is a day well spent. I use this thing to talk about stuff.