The World Was Testing Me

Since I finished studying a little earlier than I had planned, I thought I'd type this up.

Today, I felt like my patience was being tested. I woke up at 10 today to go to this Korean BBQ place with my parents and a bunch of their friends, got there at half-past 11, and basically I sat there for a little more than 2 hours, sitting at the end of the table nibbling on beef while my parents and their friends had laughing storms. I mean, one of the friends' son was there and we talked a bit, but he left early for work (working on Labor Day, the irony burns) and so I just sat there for the rest of the time playing Candy Crush.

When we finished eating it was about 2, the adults decided they wanted to go out for bowling. I had some studying to do, so I initially wasn't going to go along with them but for some reason my ass ended up in the car and on the way to the bowling place.

Gutterball... ha ha...
Three hours of boredom, to say the least. I refused to bowl with a bunch of adults. (Yes, I was the only person younger than 40 years old.) It's nothing personal towards them, I just didn't want to... awkward much. I finished reading The Things They Carried for my English class over at the place, and started to play Candy Crush until my phone battery died.

I sat there, sipping my Pepsi from time to time... I thought they'd be finished after one game, but they weren't. I accepted that, 'cause people usually play 2 games at bowling. BUT NO, after the second game I was getting ready to leave until I saw them clear the board again to play another round...

I repeat, my patience was being tested today.

After 3 games of bowling my butt was sore from sitting for so long on that uncushioned seat... then the adults decided they wanted to eat out together again for dinner, since it was about 5 PM at this point, and I pretty much had to go unless I wanted to stay home and eat leftovers... so I went.

I finally got home at 8 PM.

It was an interesting Labor Day today. I feel like I was the parent who had to go running around chasing their kids. (Well, maybe not to that extent, but you get the idea, right.) But now that I think about it, I probably wouldn't have done much at home. Home used to be a very fun place for me, because there was wi-fi. Now, after about 5 years of obsessive compulsive internet usage, 4 years of staying at home, home bores me.

I would rather sit through an infinite amount of bowling rounds than go back to school tomorrow. And yes, I say this because I know well that an infinite amount of bowling rounds would never happen.

Happy Labor Day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Me in Other Places

Twitter | ohnerak_
Powered by Blogger.

About the Blogger

This was a blog I wrote on from 2010-2016. Keeping it for posterity. Hi, I'm an 18-year-old human, happened to be named Karen, who thinks a day of YouTube watching, gaming, forum reading, and blog writing is a day well spent. I use this thing to talk about stuff.