Music of the Month: August

It's time for another Music of the Day!! I think I'm going to change my previous rule from posting one of these every few weeks to one every month. Also, I'll only be doing one song per post. I'm too busy nowadays to do more (because junior year of high school sucks, that's why).

The song I have here is called "Stranger" by Jung Eun Chae. Pay attention to the lyrics. (They're in English.)


"Hello hello, I'm fine, thank you. And you?"

This song almost only contains those simple words. If you look down to this video's comments, some people remark that the lyrics do not do the background melody any justice, which I also thought as well when I first heard this song. However, the OP of this video commented that this song is about the loneliness the singer, Jung Eun Chae, felt when she was studying in England.

There is a reason for the repetition of those simple words. When the singer was in England, she probably repeated these words daily, "I'm fine, thank you, I'm fine, thank you" But in reality she wasn't fine. She was a "stranger" to England, and she was lonely. It's a very beautiful song.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Me in Other Places

Twitter | ohnerak_
Powered by Blogger.

About the Blogger

This was a blog I wrote on from 2010-2016. Keeping it for posterity. Hi, I'm an 18-year-old human, happened to be named Karen, who thinks a day of YouTube watching, gaming, forum reading, and blog writing is a day well spent. I use this thing to talk about stuff.