Ten Weeks After!



Hello, just wanted to check in... writing a casual post with no particular subject. Though practically, I shouldn't be "checking in." I have a policy debate this Wednesday for my argument class and I reeeeally should start preparing my speech. Hm, guess I'll be doing that later. (//winks)

On a side note, HOLY CRAP I CAN SEE THE BLINKING TEXT CURSOR!! Finally??? I haven't seen that little guy in forever. I had to deal with an "invisible" blinking text cursor for the past two months or so... Dealing with that was super annoying—I had no idea where I was typing. I forgot if I sent a complaint to Google or not... but nonetheless, the blinky thing is back, so let's take a moment and do a slow clap of approval.



Yes... yes...
This week is the last week of my first fall quarter of college. Yeah. Ten weeks have flown by, and to think I was sitting in this very dorm room, alone, watching some random Japanese variety show with that incredibly atrocious fluorescent light above me almost two and half months ago. I felt miserable that day. (Probably because of that incredibly atrocious fluorescent light though, honestly.) But now... I'm comfortably settled in; I have a neat-o desk organizer thing going on on my desk that makes me feel like I actually have my shit together, I have artificial plants lying around, and most importantly, I have my glorious floor lamp that has been saving me and my roommate from having to use that incredibly atrocious fluorescent light above us.

Life is pretty good right now.


I also did pretty damn well academically this quarter, which I'm really happy about. I know, I know, people are probably gonna tell me: "Girl, chill out—this is just your first quarter so don't get too excited" or something pessimistic like that... :-(


Can't a girl be happy that she didn't start off her college career six feet under? I think that's something to pop the apple cider for, don't ya think.


Anyone can have a reason to celebrate anything!!! Am I right or am I right????



ANYTHING
Honestly, I feel like the academic charm that I bought in Japan two years ago is the reason for my success, though. Okay, I'm usually not the super superstitious type, but I am kinda superstitious when I find a reason to be. I've been hanging that charm on my backpack since I started my senior year of high school, and wow, guess what, my senior year of high school was the first year I received straight As... and on top of that, for both semesters. BOTH!!!

Now in college, I'm 100% positive I will get As (not A-minuses, either) for at least two out of my four classes, because I haven't even gotten Bs on any assignment or exam or quiz thus far. I'm pretty sure I'll get an A for one of the other two (I just need to study hard... heh), and for that last class, I might get a middle or high B. I'm really happy about this; you really have no idea. I've never felt this good about myself academics-wise before these last two years, so... big shout out to my homie, the true MVP, my academic luck charm. The bell that is attached to you is kind of annoying sometimes, but I love you anyway.


...But um, I accidentally broke that charm about two weeks ago. Heh. I think it caught on my desk drawer as I was putting my backpack on, and WHIPPACK—the little circle thingy that held the whole charm together broke and it fell to the floor. (I was making my own sound effects there, sorry.) My dad fixed it this morning, thirty minutes after I sent him the text to be exact, which I found kinda funny. (You can definitely count on my dad for this stuff.) But yeah, since I broke that charm, the superstitious side of me lowkey freaked out because I had yet to receive my graded philosophy paper draft... I was like "OH GOD IS THIS IS THE END OF MY LUCK OR—"


Luckily, I guess the effects of the charm lasted long enough for me to receive an A-freakin'-MINUS on my draft today!!! An "oh-my-GOD" resonated through the stairwell I was walking down. My hand went to my chest followed by heavy breathing.


Why?


Well, receiving an A-minus means that I can either turn in my draft unrevised to receive officially that A-minus, or I could choose to revise it to get a better grade. But either way, my professor will take the higher grade, SO I GO NOWHERE BUT UP. I really thought I was going to get a B, considering my professor's comments on the first pages of my paper, but I think my rebuttal kinda brought me back up because I didn't see any red marks on my rebuttal paragraphs. :D Rejoice!! POP THE APPLE CIDER!!! Especially since I did mediocrely on previous exams, lol.




I have a lot more to say about what's been goin' on recently, but I think I should end it here before I run out of time to prepare my policy speech.

Just to note, I feel that I definitely have an easier time talking about what goes on in my life thanks to my writing in my journal again. My super secret journal. My prrrrrrrrecious journal. My journal that I lowkey want to finish ASAP so I can buy a prettier journal to write in. (You didn't hear that last part.)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Me in Other Places

Twitter | ohnerak_
Powered by Blogger.

About the Blogger

This was a blog I wrote on from 2010-2016. Keeping it for posterity. Hi, I'm an 18-year-old human, happened to be named Karen, who thinks a day of YouTube watching, gaming, forum reading, and blog writing is a day well spent. I use this thing to talk about stuff.