An Impossible Dream

I suck in Sims 3 architectural designing. Period.

I absolutely love designing the interior, but I hate designing the freaking exterior.. every single time I decide to build my own Sim houses, they come out looking like boxes.

Maybe it's because my "designs" always come out impossible. Like, a room just pops out of nowhere on the second floor. Or.. the staircase location is way out of bounds. I've tried mapping out designs I had in my head but they always come out completely different because of the impossibilities (and it still came out looking like a box) If I asked an architect dude to try to build what I have in mind, he'd go bonkers, I swear.

Three freaking times. THREE FREAKING TIMES I tried building a house. THREE FREAKING TIMES I failed. First, it was a normal house. Just a normal starter home. It sucked. It didn't even have a foundation. Second, I tried building a mansion. I thought it shouldn't be too hard. Big rooms and a big house. The whole freaking building was a fail. I forgot to provide a foundation again. The living room was too big and I had a lot of unnecessary space. Too many plants, too much empty space, and too much of everything (I tried to fill up the empty space...) Plus, it looked like a box.

THIRD TIME. I built it with the Late Night expansion pack. This was so far the best house I did, BUT IT STILL TURNED OUT TO BE A BOX. The house itself became too cramped to put anything in. However, I did like the outdoor deck with the bar and the pool with the jacuzzi and the landscaping that I did, but the house still sucked.

I have an impossible dream. I'm getting there, but I have a feeling that it's not gonna be reached until I actually take classes in home design in the future.

That's ay-okay for me,

but unfortunately I AM AN IMPATIENT PERSON.


I ♥ this house. Even my parents love it.
I'm never gonna get to this level in my LIFE, I swear.

I feel sad.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Me in Other Places

Twitter | ohnerak_
Powered by Blogger.

About the Blogger

This was a blog I wrote on from 2010-2016. Keeping it for posterity. Hi, I'm an 18-year-old human, happened to be named Karen, who thinks a day of YouTube watching, gaming, forum reading, and blog writing is a day well spent. I use this thing to talk about stuff.