PROM 2015

Throughout my entire life so far, I've only gone to two school dances. My first was the promotion dance back in eighth grade, for which I have absolutely no pictures because no one had spiffy smartphones with decked out cameras back then (and I practically ran away from cameras anyway)... and my second dance was, well, prom, which was Saturday.

In all honesty, even though I planned and cared to buy accessories and makeup and whatnot (I spent a damn 20 dollars on a liquid eyeliner pen... goddemn it Dolly Wink), I wasn't anticipating prom. Being the introvert I am, I don't exactly feel excited for social events. I was seriously planning to sit and eat 80% of the time.


But prom was actually really fun. And I didn't stuff my face 80% of the time. Coming from me, that's saying something.

(Okay, I admit, one of the reasons why I didn't sit and eat 80% of the time was that the waistline of my dress was gonna explode if I ate any more than dinner. But nONETHELESS)

Gatsby style... haha
The venue wasn't exactly picture perfect though. You'd expect some fancy ballroom hall thing from all the stereotypical Hollywood high school movies, but our prom was at a bar thing outside a horse race track, and the dance floor was outside. So uh. Yeah. Sometimes at certain areas, you could smell a hint of horse poo drifting into your nostrils. And no one wants to smell horse poo. It wasn't too distracting for me, but the smell was there alright...

So, my prom in a nutshell: Dinner, picture taking, more picture taking, some more picture taking, dessert, picture taking, dessert, dance floor, waiting in line, picture taking, more picture taking, dance floor.

And did I mention picture taking?

It wasn't as lame as I describe it, but that's literally what I did LOL. I've never taken so many pictures within 3 and a half hours.

Venue was near a race track, but that
doesn't mean it was a dump.
It was fun, though, taking pictures with beautiful people. It's all for the sake of the future, when I look back and say, "Wow, I really do look like a lumpy, brown potato compared to all these people---"

Speaking of that, half of me kinda wishes that I went to a professional makeup artist and hairstylist for this time. I didn't want to spend too much money on myself for a dance that was gonna last 4 hours, but maybe I should've!

But then, the other half of me thinks of the money I would've had to spend... Ugh. Naaaaaaaah. I'm in the process of saving money to revamp my wardrobe, anyway. I think I'll find that more rewarding. (It's one of my New Year's Resolutions. -wink-)

When I get married to my future hunk-ass boyfriend (-snorts-), I'll definitely go all out with the makeup and hair with professionals, no doubt. Because that wedding reception shiet definitely lasts for more than 4 hours.

Oh, and about dancing... I really didn't want to dance at first, because it felt really cold outside and my body was in a "please-for-the-love-of-God-don't-make-me-move" mood. But two of my friends kept pushing my other friend and me... eventually, at some point I threw myself into fuck-it mode and ran down to the dance floor. It was hella awkward at first, but the dancing at school dances is kinda like going into the water for the first time when you swim. It might be damn uncomfortable at first, but you start warming up after awhile to the point that you don't wanna stop. :)

It made me remember my time at the promotion dance five years ago... didn't want to dance, but by the time the dance ended, I was fist pumping and wildly running in circles around the dance floor with my heels in my hands...


This time, I was the same, except for the fact that I kept my heels on and didn't wildly run around in circles.

Good times, good times.

Now that prom is over, I want to experiment more with makeup. LOL. It's so fascinating to transform yourself. I've got small-as-frick eyes (especially when I smile), and making them bigger by darkening the outline of your eyes with eyeliner and shading them with eyeshadow is... is SO FASCINATING. I cheaped out on the eyeshadow and the eyelashes this time, but I think I might play around with them in the future. I mean, why not, right? And graduation is just around the corner! (Ooh... an excuse to wear dark red lipstick...)

Anyways. Go to prom. Don't miss out on it. It was my first and last dance of high school, anyway. No matter how uncomfortable you might feel about it, just go, especially if you're a senior and have never gone to one. Go for the experience, for the memories either good or bad (at least you'd be able to talk about it). And if you can, go with a good group of ready-to-party friends if not with a good date. GO. JUST GO, DAMN IT. Remember that a prom is only worthless if you make it worthless.

Now, my post-prom goal is to get something at least close to a summer body. I don't need it to fit a dress anymore, but since I started, might as well continue it. But I ate too much today because of how little I ate at prom. Goddemn it.

I'LL START EATING HEALTHY TOMORROW I SWEAR---

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Me in Other Places

Twitter | ohnerak_
Powered by Blogger.

About the Blogger

This was a blog I wrote on from 2010-2016. Keeping it for posterity. Hi, I'm an 18-year-old human, happened to be named Karen, who thinks a day of YouTube watching, gaming, forum reading, and blog writing is a day well spent. I use this thing to talk about stuff.